4. Creating Seasons & Time Slots
Creating schedules for your rates
Once your rate plans are set, you will now create the different seasons and time slots for your rates to be shown on the booking engine. You will notice on the “Seasons / Times” page there are two tabs at the top labeled Seasons and Time Periods. This article will walk you through the creation of both of these sections.
Before you start, it’s worth pointing out that “Seasons” can be set up to individual your needs. The most typical seasonal configuration would be a Peak, Off-Peak, and Shoulder Season. However, if you need more to be more granular, you create as many seasons as you need.
1. By default, you should be on the “Seasons” tab when you first select “Seasons/Times” from the left-hand menu. To create a desired season click the “add” button in the upper right corner.
2. Apply a name and specify what month and day your season should start and end on.
3. Repeat this process until all of your seasons have been created.
Creating time periods
There are two categories that time periods are used for in the GolfBack system.
A. Time Periods for Rates
Time periods for rates will be used to tell the system when you want your base pricing to change throughout the day. (Open to 10:00 AM, 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, etc.)
B. Time Periods for Yield Management
Time periods for yield management are created to tell the system what blocks of time you want to look at for calculating the utilization percentage that will eventually be applied to your pricing. It is recommended that this is set up on a per hour basis. (8:00 AM to 9:00 AM, 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM, etc).
1. To create your time periods, first make sure you’ve selected “Time Periods” tab found at the top of the “Seasons/Times” page and select the Add button.
2. Add a start and end time for your rates by selecting the calendar icon in the start and end fields.
3. Select the days of the week this time period will be available for.
4. Select whether this time slot should be used for rates or yield management.
5. Repeat this process for each time period your facility needs.