Our Marketing CRM offers personalization tags for Contact fields. Contact field personalization tags can be used to insert dynamic content into campaigns, automation emails, email subject lines, sms messages, forms, one-to-one emails, “Thank you” messages for your forms, and deal titles in the CRM. Deal field personalization tags can be used to insert dynamic content into campaigns, automation emails, and one-to-one emails.
You may want to use personalization tags in your messaging to create a highly personalized experience for your contacts and increase engagement with your communications.
The system automatically generates personalization tags for system fields and every custom field you create. This includes custom contact fields and custom deal fields. In addition, your account comes with a list of standard personalization tags. Each of these tags can be inserted into your communications.
When a personalization tag is used in a campaign or automation email, the value of that tag will automatically be inserted once the communication is sent to a contact. When the contact opens the communication, they will see the value for that tag and not the tag itself.
For example, if you wanted to address contacts by their first name in an email, you would insert the following personalization tag:
When a contact receives your email, they will see their own name populated in the message.
Ways to use personalization tags
- Personalization tags can be used to insert dynamic content into the following:
- Content of campaigns and automation emails
- Email subject lines
- Preheader text in emails
- One-to-one emails
- Site messages
- SMS messages
- Form fields (custom contact fields only)
- “Thank you” messages for forms
- Deal titles (Plus, Professional, and Enterprise plans)
Default personalization tags
- Email Address %EMAIL%
- First Name %FIRSTNAME%
- Last Name %LASTNAME%
- Full Name %FULLNAME%
- Phone %PHONE%
- Unsubscribe Link %UNSUBSCRIBELINK%
- Update Subscription Account Link %UPDATELINK%
- Send to Friend Link %FORWARD2FRIEND%
- Today’s Date %TODAY%
- Today’s Date + 1 %TODAY+1%
- Today’s Date – 1 %TODAY-1%
- List Sender Info %SENDER-INFO%
- List Sender Info (single line) %SENDER-INFO-SINGLELINE%
- Sender List Reminder %SENDER-LIST-REMINDER%