Search for answers or browse our knowledge base.
f. Creating Dynamic Pricing – Weather
Dynamic Pricing - Weather
Dynamic pricing derived from the weather forecast is unique to our booking engine and allows you to automatically take advantage of dynamic adjustments to your pricing based on the weather forecast for that time period. To create a weather based pricing adjustment, start by selecting Weather Manager from the left-hand menu.
- Select the weather condition you wish to apply an adjustment on.
- If there are no forecast ranges configured, select the Add + button to add your first conditional statement.
- In the Temp Low input field, enter the minimum temperature for the adjustment
- In the Temp High input field, enter the maximum temperature for the adjustment
- In the Impact % field, enter the total percentage you wish to apply to the base rate for this adjustment
- Note: 100 = No Change to the base rate | 95 = 5% discount to the base rate | 120 = 20% increase to the base rate
Example: Referencing the image above, if the weather forecast for a particular tee time is Sunny and the temperature will be between 70 and 79 degrees, we’re telling the system to price the tee-time 107% of the rate in rate manager, or 7% over the listed rate for that period.
Hint: Use the copy button in the upper right hand corner to copy and paste a yield into a different time period to save time.
5. Repeat this process until all of your weather settings have been applied for each forecast type.